FREE Technique Classes at Williams-Sonoma in January and February
Fresh Ideas for 2012: January and February Technique Classes at Williams-Sonoma at Stonebriar Centre
To get the new year off to a healthy and tasty start, Williams-Sonoma at Stonebriar Centre presents its January and February schedule of Technique Classes, each designed to add flavor to winter meals. All classes are complimentary and held at Williams-Sonoma, located on the lower level near the main entrance to the shopping center. Reservations are required.
January and February classes include:
- Saturday, January 21 at 9:30 a.m. and Sunday, January 22 at 6:30 p.m.: HEALTHY IN A HURRY – GRILL & BAKE. The class features how to grill and bake with a healthy flair. The quick grilling recipes and comforting baked dishes offer ideas for satisfying and healthy meals all season long.
- Saturday, February 4 at 9:30 a.m. and Sunday, February 5 at 6:30 p.m.: BIG BOWLS OF CHILI. Chili con carne (which means ‘chili with meat’) is an American favorite with many regional variations. Easy to make, hearty and versatile, chili can be as fun to garnish as it is to eat. The class teaches the profiles of different chili powders and how to enjoy them, how to make a basic chili, plus delicious variations including vegetarian, and ideas for tasty toppings.
- Saturday, February 11 at 9:30 a.m. and Sunday, February 12 at 6:30 p.m.: WHAT’S IN SEASON: WINTER VEGETABLES. This class takes the mystery out of winter vegetables, uncovering the wonders of these tasty and hearty foods. Participants will learn how to select, prepare and enjoy what’s in season during the winter, from squashes to greens, and get ideas to make winter produce shopping more interesting and winter meals more delicious.
- Saturday, February 18 at 9:30 a.m. and Sunday, February 19 at 6:30 p.m.: KNIFE SKILLS. A sharp edge, the correct grip, proper placement and safety are all part of good knife skills. This class begins with correct positioning of the cook, knife and food and moves to serious slicing, dicing and chopping. Also features more advanced cuts such as chiffionade, julienne and more. Participants enjoy complimentary sharpening of one knife during the class.
- Saturday, February 25 at 9:30 a.m. and Sunday, February 26 at 6:30 p.m.: FRESH, FAST & EASY PASTA. Pasta for most home cooks is a way to get dinner on the table quickly and this class teaches some delicious new pasta recipes to liven up a weeknight meal. The class teaches how to make pasta alla Norma (pasta with eggplant) as well as a few other Williams-Sonoma favorites.
Participants enjoy 10% savings on select same-day store purchases. Reservations can be made by calling (972) 712-9455 or stopping by Williams-Sonoma.
Stonebriar Centre is located at Preston Road and SH 121 in Frisco. For directions, visit www.shopstonebriar.com.