Kid Friendly Halloween Treats: Franken Pops
Easy Kids Crafts: Marshmallow Franken Pops
A quick and easy marshmallow treat recipe for Halloween. Made with chocolate candy coated marshmallows, making these treats make for a great Halloween activity.
Ingredients for Franken Pops
- 1 – 16 ounces dark green candy coating
- 2 tablespoons white candy coating
- 2 tablespoons black candy coating
- 1/4 cup purple candy coating
- 1 bag large marshmallows
- special equipment: 36 lollipop sticks
Instructions to Make Franken Pops
Here’s a step-by-step video showing you how to make Franken Pops
- Melt the dark green candy coatings in the microwave in thirty second intervals, stirring after each time until the chocolate is smooth.
- Dip a lollipop stick ¼” in and then into a marshmallow ¾ of the way through.
- Tilt the marshmallow over a cup and gently tap the stick until excess coating drips off.
- Allow the pops to dry by sticking the end of the stick into a foam block.
- As the pops dry, make the eyes by piping small 1/8-1/4-inch circles of melted white coating. Finish the eyes by adding a small speck of melted black coating to the center of the white “eye balls.” Allow the eyes to harden before using.
- Once the green coated pops are hard, dip only the top of each marshmallow in the melted purple coating. Using a toothpick, add texture to each pop’s hair. Allow the hair to dry before adding facial features.
- Add a little dot of chocolate where the eyeballs will be placed. Using the melted coating as glue, add two eyeballs to every pop.
- Using an edible black ink marker or melted black coating which is in a piping bag with a tiny opening, pipe a decorate scar and mouth on each pop.
- Allow the pops to harden before eating.