Saturday Oct. 29th is National Oatmeal Day!
- Remember oatmeal baths from when you had the chicken pox? Well, oatmeal baths can also be used for relief from poison ivy, insect bites, sunburns and dry skin!
- Having a light snack — like a bowl of oatmeal — a few hours before bedtime may help you sleep better, says Mayoclinic doctor.
- They can be enjoyed sweet or savory. Try some of these dinner recipes from Time magazine.
- According to Real Simple contributor and registered dietitian Susan Kleiner, Ph.D., eating the same breakfast everyday “like oatmeal with seeds and nuts” is one quick ritual for a better day. Read more here.
- Whether it’s steel-cut or instant, an oat is an oat is an oat, says Cooking Light. Flattening and steaming does not remove whole-grain benefits, so you get all of the vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and oaty fiber from either type.
This National Oatmeal Day, be sure to celebrate with a quick and delicious bowl of Better Oats. Our instant oatmeal can be enjoyed for breakfast on hectic mornings, as an afternoon treat, for dinner or as a late-night snack! Made with 100% whole grain oats and flax seeds in every pouch, our 23 varieties of Better Oats are sure to keep you and your family satisfied. We’re currently offering a “Buy three, Save $1.00″ coupon on our Facebook page, so we hope you will enjoy our products this holiday weekend. Please join our Oat Revolution by spreading the word about Better Oats and National Oatmeal Day!