Tarrant County Back to School Roundup August 8th
FREE Event provides school supplies and services for about 10,000 qualifying families
The eighth-annual Tarrant County Back To School Roundup, presented by Walmart and Sam’s Club, will take place Wednesday, August 8, 2012, from 8 a.m. – 2 p.m., at the Will Rogers Memorial Center’s Amon G. Carter Exhibit Hall (3401 W. Lancaster Ave., Fort Worth, TX 76107). Parking is $5 at the Memorial Center, or free parking is available at Farrington Field located at the corner of University and Lancaster. The T will provide free bus service on August 8 to Roundup participants (pre-registration voucher is required).
For Eligible Families:
- Free school supplies will be given to approximately 10,000 qualifying students in pre-kindergarten through 12th grade
- Backpacks will also be provided to children grades pre-K through 5th grade
- Free haircuts for school children
- Free dental screenings, fluoride applications, free toothbrushes and toothpaste for students
- Free immunizations for schoolchildren (parents need to bring current vaccination records)
- Free health screenings and services for both schoolchildren and their families
- Kids activities, games and interactive demonstrations and booths
- Community resource booths will offer information on such topics as literacy, parenting, nutrition, financial literacy, fire safety, and social services
Only eligible Tarrant County families who have pre-registered by August 1, 2012 will be admitted into Roundup (no walk-ups the day of the event).
In order to pre-register, participants must be public school students ages 4-18 who reside in Tarrant County and meet the 2012 Federal Poverty Income guidelines. Families are strongly encouraged to arrive early as a limited number of vouchers will be available at each pre-registration event on a first-come, first-served basis. Once approved at a pre-registration event, families will be given a voucher that will be their ticket into Roundup.
For more details, go to backtoschoolroundup.org or call 2-1-1.