Top 10 Reasons Why The Holidays are Stressful! (Part 1)
We were sitting around the dinner table one night this week and the topic of Christmas dinner came up. My husband made a snide remark that he was certain there were already conversations happening and hours of planning being put into the age-old question of What’s for Christmas Dinner?
Let me state in advance that talking about food and planning Christmas dinner is FUN for me and my mom. This is not at all stressful. It’s all a matter of perspective, isn’t it? I am sure for some people, planning a meal for a large party feels incredibly stressful.
It’s early November and I have been invited to speak next week at the Mommie Series Dallas fall event on How to Manage Holiday Stress. I am super excited to participate in this fun event that covers Family, Health, Finance and Fashion. Plus, what a great time of year for a Mom’s Night Out, just before Holiday Insanity totally sets in!
I normally work out a speech by ruminating about it for a long time, letting ideas flow and then I sit down and get it all put into some semblance of organization that will hopefully make sense to others.
The thought occurred to me today that I am already feeling holiday stress, and it’s early November! So I thought I would share 10 things that might have you stressed out, too! Watch for my next blog post about how to actually manage the stress of my top ten.
10. Planning my daughter’s school party and collecting money for teacher gifts.
9. Making home made gifts for teachers and grandparents. I definitely bring this one on myself! I love making handmade gifts but should probably start in July!
8. Making holiday travel plans, flight reservations, shipping of gifts, pet care, ahh (okay, that’s more than one but you get the point!)
7. Getting gifts into the mail before I have to pay extra shipping to get it there on time.
5. Budgeting for the holidays: food, entertainment, travel, gifts!
4. Trying to avoid holiday weight gain!
3. Shopping for the men in my life (hubby, dad, brother, son…)
2. Getting the house cleaned and decorated before Holiday Parties or House Guests.
1. Dealing with family, whether they are staying with you or you are traveling to see them! (We are traveling to Santa Barbara to visit my brother for Christmas, yippee!)
What is causing your holiday stress this year?