Valentine Cookie Pops
A Special Valentine’s Day Cookie Treat
If you are looking for a fun and easy recipe to do with the kids, try these deliciously simple Valentine Cookie Pops. The kids will smile and giggle while making these treats, and will have something fun to give to family, friends, and classmates!
20 vanilla wafer cookies
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 6-ounce bag white chocolate chips
1 6-ounce bag semi sweet chocolate chips
colored candy sprinkles, red & white
pink and red gummy or sour patch bears
1 tube each of white, red, and pink cake decorator frosting with flower tip
cake decorating writer gels
red food coloring
ice cream or lollipop sticks
wax paper or paper plates
1. Spread peanut butter onto the flat side of the cookies. Place an ice cream stick into the peanut butter on half the cookies. Top with another cookie so the stick is sandwiched between the two cookies.
2. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave, one minute, then in 20 second increments, stirring until smooth. Seperate the white chips into two bowls, after melting, add a few drops of red food coloring to one of the bowls to make pink chocolate.
3. Dip cookie pops in the melted chips, covering completely. Roll pops in red and white sprinkles and lay or stand on waxed paper or paper plates. Place in refrigerator to chill.
- Drizzles – Alternating between white chocolate, pink chocolate and semi sweet, drizzle melted chocolate over the cookie to create a cool look!
- Writing – Write fun Valentine shorts on plain pops such as “Love” or “Hug”
- Hearts – Use the decorator gel to draw on hearts and hearts with arrows.