FREE Ice Hockey program for boys and girls!
Could your child be the next Mike Modano?
Free Hockey program begins May 11th!
Before you get your kids involved in ice hockey or any other kind of activity, you need to ask yourself, is your child ready to enroll in a sports class? Ask yourself these questions first…
- Can your child take direction from someone other than their parent?
- Have they expressed interest in the particular sport (at home, watching TV) When you ask if they would like to play a sport/take a class what is their reaction?
- Does your child do well taking turn?
- Does she play well with other children and as a general rule know how to share?
Secondly you need to find the right class/location for you and your child and make sure that the program and the teachers fit your expectations.
Competitive Skating and Ice Hockey can potentially be an expensive sport in the long run. With that said, you will want to make sure that your child is really going to enjoy it before you get too far involved. The Dallas Stars and the Dr Pepper StarCenters created a program several years ago that allows your child to do just that…. TRY out the sport of ICE HOCKEY FOR FREE !
The Kids First program is a totally FREE, get-acquainted program that offers boys and girls, ages 4-8, the opportunity to “try” the game of hockey at NO CHARGE.
The four-week class includes 4 (30) minutes on ice sessions designed to introduce kids to the excitement of the sport.
Classes will run Saturdays – May 11, 18, 25, and June 1
Prior to the start of the first class each player is given a full set of hockey equipment to use during the program. Players are taught how to put on the equipment and what each piece of equipment is used for. Classes fill up very quickly and there is a maximum number allowed.
- Dr Pepper StarCenter of McKinney at Craig Ranch – 11:45am-12:15pm *Equipment Fitting at 11:00am on May 11
- Dr Pepper StarCenter Euless – 12:45-1:15pm *Equipment Fitting at 11:30am on May 11
- Dr Pepper StarCenter Farmers Branch - 1:15-1:45pm *Equipment Fitting at 12:15pm on May 11
Register TODAY – Click here to download the Registration Form and Waiver
Visit website for details at http://stars.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=81552 or call 214-GO-SKATE