Organize a Bathroom to Keep the Romance Alive
How to Organize a Bathroom to Keep the Romance Alive in Your Relationship
by Lorraine Brock
Most people do not think of romance when they consider organizing a bathroom…but why not? An unorganized bathroom might not light a spark, but one that is nicely organized could set the stage for a little romance. It is often a place to unwind from a long day or to get ready for a special event. With a few simple strategies, your bathroom can be an organized dream to keep the romance alive in your relationship.
1. Start by getting clean, dirty, and unwanted clothing off the floor. Have a laundry basket or bin for washable clothing and another for dry cleaning. Tuck them in a corner, in a closet close to the bathroom, or under a vanity if you do not have a chair or stool.
2. Install hooks on a wall in your bathroom, closet, or bedroom for lightly used clothing or pajamas. Nothing kills romance faster than dirty clothing strewn on chairs or the bed. I like these fold up hooks from IKEA, but you can choose from a large selection of sizes and styles.
3. Clear the clutter from bathroom counters every day. Toys, mail, and other non-bathroom items should be at home in other rooms.
4. Find a better place to hang wet towels than the shower door. IKEA has low cost over-the-door hooks you can place on the inside of the bathroom door or a closet door. The towels will be invisible when the closet door is closed.
5. Keep spare toilet paper and feminine products in containers near the toilet area or in a closed cabinet. Place a stylish IKEA cabinet over your toilet or use a set of wicker drawers.
6. Take organization into the shower using suction cups to hold razors, a shower mirror, and more.
7. Shampoo and conditioner bottles are not very attractive. Clear plastic bottles with a pump from Bed, Bath and Beyond are perfect to keep in your shower. Here is an example from Amazon.
8. Add low light and great smells to your bathroom for a romantic vibe. Scentsy® lamps are great for continuous light and fragrance, but have a bottle of Poopourri on hand for when nature calls. You will never know it happened.
9. Roll your towels instead of folding for a romantic look and wow factor.
10. If you do keep items on your bathroom counter, consider the look along with the function. Place perfumes and cologne bottles on a decorative tray or Lazy Susan to take the look to a higher romance level. I also like this Lazy Susan at Wal-Mart.
These simple organizing tools and ideas can turn your bathroom into an organized space just perfect for your romantic evening.
Lorraine Brock is a professional organizer, family coach, speaker, and founder and owner of Get Organized! Get Organized! is a professional organizing company in the Dallas, Texas area. Get Organized! specializes in organizing and de-cluttering homes as well as implementing systems in the home for better family management. A popular media guest, Lorraine has appeared on Dallas’ two top morning television shows: Good Morning Texas and Good Day Fox, and has been featured on various radio outlets. She has been hallmarked in many local, regional, and national print and online magazines, such as the Dallas Morning News, The North Texas Kids Magazine, SheKnows.com, and Daily Candy Kids. To get more information about Lorraine, visit www.GetOrganized.ws. You can connect with Get Organized! on Facebook, follow Get Organized! on Twitter and connect with Lorraine Brock on LinkedIn.