S’mores on a stick: The perfect treat for real (or pretend) campouts!
Try these S’mores on a stick at your next pretend campout!
My daughter is celebrating “Texas week” at preschool and they are going to have a pretend camp out. Students will bring sleeping bags and they will sing campfire songs around a tissue paper and brown bag campfire (courtesy of Pinterest). But what camp out is complete with out a treat like S’mores! Who doesn’t love the traditional “roast your marshmallow over the open flame, slide it off onto a piece of chocolate and a graham cracker” s’more? (YUMM!). However; to make it easier to prepare and eat for 4 and 5 year olds (and much less messy for the teacher!), we made S’mores on a stick. Mia and I had so much fun making these together and it only took maybe 20 minutes total!
What you need: (I made about 22 of them)
- 1/3 of the bag of chocolate chips
- 5 large graham crackers
- 22 marshmallows
- 22 lollipop sticks
- Push the marshmallows, each one, onto a stick.
- Melt the chocolate chips. I used about 1/3 of the bag of chocolate chips and melted them in the microwave for about 1 minute, 45 seconds on 50% power level. (I figured I could always melt more if I needed it)
- Crush the graham crackers by putting them into a zip lock bag and crushing them with a rolling pin.
- Dip the marshmallow into the chocolate (swirl around) then roll thru the graham crackers to coat.
Place on a sheet of wax paper and let cool for at least 30 minutes.
*I stored mine in the refrigerator overnight.