15 Minute Gluten Free Chicken Noodle Bowl
Quick and Easy Gluten Free Recipe
I found this recipe for Ginger Chicken Noodle Bowls in a copy of Coastal Living magazine recently and adapted it to be gluten free. I love how simple and fast it is. They suggest using pre-cut or pre-sliced vegetables to make keep your prep time short but I love to chop veggies! So I used my own and it only added a few minutes to the total prep time plus you can use whatever you have on hand.
This makes at least 4 servings. I had enough leftovers for lunch the next day, too.
Gluten Free Chicken Noodle Bowls
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 4 cups sliced vegetables, such as thinly sliced red bell pepper, broccoli florets, thinly sliced yellow squash, and snow peas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint, cilantro, or basil
- 3 tablespoons Tamari or wheat-free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic paste
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine broth and ginger in a large pot, and bring to a boil over high heat. Add chicken, and cook 3 minutes or until cooked through. Add vegetables, and cook 2 minutes or just until crisp-tender.
- 3. Remove pot from heat, and stir in cooked rice noodles, herbs, and remaining ingredients.